RE: Korn Shell Q

From: Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 09:58:40 -0800

The problem is I am using "getopt" to process the switches...

while getopts :pg: option
do

   case $option in

      p) OPTION_p=Y ;;
      g) GID=$OPTARG  ;;
     \?) print $OPTARG is not a valid argument. ; exit 0 ;;
   esac
done

shift $(expr $OPTIND - 1)

After the shift, the $1 arg should be the ORACLE_SID passed in.

When called directly everything works fine...

exfail.sh -p -g "dba apps" TEST

echo $GID returns

dba apps

When called from another script echo $GID returns

"dba

You can see it thinks the double quote is part of the argument for -g, is also does not thing apps is part of it. The reason is how it is treating the " double quotes. When called directly it sees them as surrounding the dba and apps words and all of it is part of the -g argment. When called from a script dynaically it treats the double quotes as part of the argment. I think I will paly around with single ticks to see if that works. I think there is a command that will basically expand the command once before running it, and I think that will work, but I can't recall it at the moment. I will keep tinkering.

Thanks,
Ethan

Author: Post, Ethan
  INET: Ethan.Post_at_ps.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Mar 06 2002 - 11:58:40 CST