Re: Database Recovery - any options?

From: <tday6_at_csc.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 09:08:31 -0800

I've never tired this but could you ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE and then use that for a
CREATE CONTROLFILE? If you don't have any data missing from your datafiles and all you need to do is make your controlfiles current, this should do it.

                    YTTRI Lisa
                    <lisa.yttri          To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
                    @cnh.com>            <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    Sent by: root        cc:
                                         Subject:     Database Recovery - any options?

                    03/06/2002
                    10:28 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    ORACLE-L

Hi -

We've encountered some problems with a Unix reboot and I'm trying to figure out if we have any options other than copying all files back and doing a full recovery.

The boot drive was bad on the machine (sun 2.6) and they unix sa replaced it. When it came back up, all of the control files were a old. Also the redo log files were old. The unix sa cannot explain why this happened, so it's my problem to fix it.

When I try to start up the database, it says that my files are more recent than my controlfile. Do I have any options other than a full recovery from previous day? This option is OK, since we are archiving, but it is time consuming because there are 8 databases on this machine, each with a large number of datafiles.

I appreciate any help, comments and feedback!

Lisa

Author: YTTRI  Lisa
  INET: lisa.yttri_at_cnh.com