RE: Riddle me this Oracle riddle...

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <Thomas.Mercadante_at_Labor.State.Ny.Us>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 07:08:19 -0800

Just curious - it's not like I'm trying to be mean or anything. I was just wondering if this is an issue with certain types of applications. I remember I had to worry about memory usage a *long* time ago when mainframe systems only had limited core memory (anybody remember core memory?), and application design and memory reuse was a critical part of the whole process.

But within Oracle, I have not seen the need to worry about these types of things.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Freeman, Robert
  INET: Robert_Freeman_at_csx.com

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: Thomas.Mercadante_at_Labor.State.Ny.Us

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: Thomas.Mercadante_at_Labor.State.Ny.Us
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Mar 06 2002 - 09:08:19 CST