RE: Names server

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 15:18:22 -0800

Stephen or others,

If I understood correctly, the email below said it is possible to have a Names Server that doesn't require its own database. I have just briefly read the manual on Names and it mentions that Names8 doesn't require a database to store topology but it is recommended. It also mentions service replication where information is stored in Names cache rather than a database.

Is this what is being referred to?
Stephen - can you provide a bit more information on a Names server that doesn't require a separate database.

Thanks,
Bruce Reardon

Author: Freeman, Robert
  INET: Robert_Freeman_at_csx.com
Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au