RE: # of datafiles per tablespace

From: Hand, Michael T <HANDM_at_polaroid.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 06:23:25 -0800

FWIW, there is a strong case for keeping consistent datafile sizes, similar to the argument for extent sizes. This makes for easier file exchanges for hot to not-so-hot disks, or copying the database to a new system. And segment extent size should be kept in mind, i.e., you don't want to be adding 500Mb files to your tablespace with segment extent size of 128Mb. That gives you about 23% wasted space.

Mike

Author: Hand, Michael T
  INET: HANDM_at_polaroid.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Mar 05 2002 - 08:23:25 CST