Replication trouble

From: Henrik Ekenberg <henrik.ekenberg_at_anoto.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 06:18:24 -0800

Hi,

We are running Oracle 8.1.7.2.0 with Solaris 8. (Sparc)

We are using read-only snaphots with multiple groups (one/schema), replication every minute.  Simple 'select *' replication.

One of the snapshot process seems to stall and all access to one of the tables in the actual group is blocked (any select hangs forever).

Killing the snapshot job connection (alter session kill) frees the system/table.
There is a trace file with >>> WAITED TOO LONG FOR A ROW CACHE ENQUEUE LOCK! <<<
.
We have seen this with different applications (Java) and on different systems.
In these cases the replication was on the same database (but that could be because we have not run as many tests in a distributed environment = target production configuration).  So no db link involved in this case.

There is no normal locks on the tables.

Any advice ?

Regards
HEnrik

--

E-mail :henrik.ekenberg_at_anoto.com Fax +46 (0)8 410 78 501

Author: Henrik Ekenber
  INET: henrik.ekenberg_at_anoto.com>" <henrike_at_anoto.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Mar 05 2002 - 08:18:24 CST