RE: # of datafiles per tablespace

From: Kimberly Smith <ksmith2_at_myfirstlink.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 05:58:33 -0800

Ah, but we use partitioning. However, the design you described is slightly flawed me thinks. I had to do something similar at the last job and what we did is have a separate tablespace for each month, which in turn produces a separate data file of course. Not that there was anything wrong in what you said per say its just that it really does not simulate partitioning if they are all in the same tablespace. It would be purely a load balancing thing.

That being said, I am not really anticipating a load balance problem on this server. Not saying its not possible, I am just not anticipating it. But with 9i it would be fairly easy to reorganize after the fact if I do experience it.

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: wisernet100_at_yahoo.com

also send the H
ELP command for other information (like subscribing).
Author: Ron Rogers
  INET: RROGERS_at_galottery.org

Author: Kimberly Smith
  INET: ksmith2_at_myfirstlink.net