RE: # of datafiles per tablespace

From: Kimberly Smith <ksmith2_at_myfirstlink.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 19:33:19 -0800

That being said is there anything wrong with having one 4G data file for a tablespace. I personally cannot think of any. There were the days when 2G was the limit but that sure isn't the case anymore.

The only thing I can think of is for backups. However, I am always going to backup on at least the tablespace level so if I have one file or multiple files I still need to get them all. I don't know if RMAN has some special feature that turns out it makes sense to backup just one data file of a tablespace that has multiple data files but I sure can't think of any good reason.

I just randomly picked RBS but I am seeing the same case on data tablespaces as well.

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: wisernet100_at_yahoo.com

Author: Kimberly Smith
  INET: ksmith2_at_myfirstlink.net