RE: Sun Cluster and VCS failover

From: <hemantchitale_at_charteredsemi.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 17:23:21 -0800

I would think 12 to 15 minutes still too high. Damagement would generally specify
a max of 5 minutes.

Have you found out why it takes 12 to 15 minutes ? Do the File Systems take so long or
does the Instance Recovery take so long ? Do you have to put a "sleep" in the startup
scripts [when I setup a failover cluster for Oracle Apps with Oracle Web Application Server 3.0.2,
I put in a sleep of 30seconds for the Web server -- WAS302 has to have the physical host-name
hardcoded in the wrb.app file so I maintained two copies of the file and the startup
script would copy in the correct one, depending on the hostname, as wrb.app but
sometimes it wouldn't startup immediately ; I had to put a sleep after the file copy].

Hemant K Chitale
Principal DBA
Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing Ltd

"Baker, Barbara" <bbaker_at_denvernewspaperagency.com> 05/03/2002 05:58 AM Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

Please respond to ORACLE-L

             To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
             cc: (bcc: CHITALE Hemant Krishnarao/IT/CHRT/ST Group)
             Subject: RE: Sun Cluster and VCS failover

Nick:
On our SunCluster 2-node E4500's with 8 CPU's (Oracle 8.0.5) it takes us around 12 to 15 minutes.

HTH.
Barb

Author: Baker, Barbara
  INET: bbaker_at_denvernewspaperagency.com

  INET: hemantchitale_at_charteredsemi.com