RE: Planning Test Backup/Recovery - Tom

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <Thomas.Mercadante_at_Labor.State.Ny.Us>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 10:33:30 -0800

Eriovaldo,

If you already have a backup script, then you need to test it on the production machine. The test db you create does not necessarily have to be the same size as the production db (init.ora params can be smaller). But what you are testing is that your backup scripts run as expected on the production machine.
  Your init.ora params can be smaller (like a smaller SGA) to prove that it works ok.

Hope this helps

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Eca Eca
  INET: ecaeser_at_hotmail.com

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: Thomas.Mercadante_at_Labor.State.Ny.Us