RE: oracle 8.1.7 patch 2 or 3?

From: Freeman, Robert <Robert_Freeman_at_csx.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:18:55 -0800

Be careful with the 8.1.7.3 patchset if you use the dbms_describe or odbsidescribe functions as the output format has changed in them between 8.1.7.2 and 8.1.7.3 and 9.0.1.1 and 9.0.1.2...

If you are not using this functionality, then there is not problem. If you are using it, make sure you exercise any code using it for any potential problems.

RF

Robert G. Freeman - Oracle8i OCP
Oracle DBA Technical Lead
CSX Midtier Database Administration

The Cigarette Smoking Man: Anyone who can appease a man's conscience can take his freedom away from him.

Author: Xiaohong Yang (Sharon)
  INET: yangx_at_email.unc.edu

Author: Freeman, Robert
  INET: Robert_Freeman_at_csx.com