Re:PROC ????

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 06:08:24 -0800

Ehsan,

    I've been using Pro*C for the last 18 years & have compiled some really large programs without a problem. Actually I've had the precompiler find errors in my code that the compiler missed, so I really don't see a problem. On the other hand I do have OCI programs running around, which I've been in the habit of converting to Pro*C. If you want to forward the config file, source (if your boss will let you) and the version/os your using I may be able to help.

Dick Goulet

Author: ehsan sinavalda <ehsanoracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date:       2/28/2002 4:23 AM

Hi All

I have some problems with proc. the most important is that when PROC config file exceeds 100 lines the proc precompiler stops with a "Segmentation Fault". It seems that they have used a static array !!! What is your opinion.

Also the I receive many errors from standard include files in /usr/include/ when I run precompiler.

Do you think that I took mistake or the precompiler is such weak? what is your opinion? Do you suggest switching to OCI?

Thanks

Ehsan

Do You Yahoo!?
<P>Hi All</P>
<P>I have some problems with proc. the most important is that when PROC config
file exceeds 100 lines the proc precompiler stops with a "Segmentation Fault". It seems that they have used a static array !!!&nbsp; What is your opinion.</P>
<P>Also the I receive many errors from standard include files in /usr/include/
when I run precompiler.</P>
<P>Do you think that I took mistake or the precompiler is such weak? what is
your opinion? Do you suggest switching to OCI?</P>
<P>Thanks</P>
for every occasion!
  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com