RE: Manager decrees "his" data warehouse design. Help!

From: <peter.lomax_at_ftms.fr>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 01:18:19 -0800

Don,
if as you are saying this guy is v headstrong then use the "Chinese approach".
1. Ensure that you have backed up your argument with a design or at least a doc outlining your approach showing that views and associated tables will ensure performance .....
2. Send your emails to him and to others so that there is a trace. 3. Then wait and let it blow up. This should not take too long as the

   spec never included any indexes either.    This way you have followed his design to the letter. 4. Let the users kill him when they have to wait 2 hours for the statement to return a value.
4. This means that you will have time to perfect a design using a CASE tool. 5. In the end his table could be used as a staging area

Just wait don't get annoyed, smile.
Just think you can have his job soon.

Kind Regards
Peter Lomax (Oracle DBA)
Expertise Oracle
ORANGE/DSI/SIMBAD/AT&P
OrangeFrance
Bureau:
email: peter.lomax_at_ftms.fr
tel: (+33) (0)1 55 22 59 13
fax: (+33) (0)1 55 22 39 69
Simbad sailing through UMTS.

Author: Don
  INET: dondealy_at_teleport.com

  INET: peter.lomax_at_ftms.fr

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Feb 27 2002 - 03:18:19 CST