RE: Database Query Tool

From: Bond Mike A Contr OC-ALC/TILC <Mike.Bond_at_tinker.af.mil>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:18:24 -0800

Dennis,

You are absolutely correct. These users know nothing of SQL and will probably never be able (due to lack of interest) to do more than change search parameters in queries that I write and provide to them.

They need access to Oracle to validate the transfer of data from IMS on the mainframe (their home planet) to Oracle. We are very sensitive to keeping this thing simple and may wind up creating custom forms for them to use (with one big button).

You last comment was interesting though, but I am already on the hook to make the recommendation AND to train them.

Thanks,

Mike

Author: Bond Mike A Contr OC-ALC/TILC <Mike.Bond_at_tinker.af.mil>
Date:       2/25/2002 2:48 PM

Hi,
I was asked to recommend a Query Tool for some of our end users. I have used Q+E aka DataDirect Explorer for years. Now I can't find it on the internet. It has changed owners many times and may not even be available now.

Does any one have a recommendation for a COTS product that allows the user with minimum knowledge of SQL to create SQL queries, views tables, store/recall queries, ...

Is there an Oracle product that does that? Discoverer seems to be a bit heavy handed.

Thanks,
Mike

Author: Bond Mike A Contr OC-ALC/TILC
  INET: Mike.Bond_at_tinker.af.mil

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

Author: Bond Mike A Contr OC-ALC/TILC
  INET: Mike.Bond_at_tinker.af.mil
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Feb 26 2002 - 13:18:24 CST