RE: Disable certain users from login to database while applying H

From: CHAN Chor Ling Catherine (CSC) <clchan_at_nie.edu.sg>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 00:53:19 -0800

Hi Hemant,

Thanks for your earlier reply.

I will not lock APPS, APPLSYS and APPLSYSPUB accounts as these accounts are needed for the HR patches.

In my company, we do have in-house applications which use client-server forms/reports to access (read-only privilege) the HR tables. We created user accounts for these applications. The last time when I applied HR patches, I encountered deadlock despite shutting down the concurrent manager, forms server, report server , apache server, web db 2.5 server etc. I suspected some of my users were accessing the HR tables via sqlplus/client-server forms/reports, thereby causing deadlocks.

This time round, I will lock the user accounts which use client-server forms/reports to access (read-only privilege) the HR tables.

Hope it helps.

Regds,
Catherine

		                     Author: CHAN Chor Ling Catherine (CSC)
		                       INET: clchan_at_nie.edu.sg

		                     Fat City Network Services    -- (858)
538-5051  FAX:
		(858)
		538-5051
		                     San Diego, California        -- Public
Internet access
		/
		Mailing Lists

		                     To REMOVE yourself from this mailing
list, send an
		E-Mail
		message
		                     to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT
spelling of
		'ListGuru')
		and in
		                     the message BODY, include a line
containing: UNSUB
		ORACLE-L
		                     (or the name of mailing list you want
to be removed
		from).
		You may
		                     also send the HELP command for other
information (like
		subscribing).

		                     --
		                     Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
		http://www.orafaq.com
		                       INET: hemantchitale_at_charteredsemi.com

Author: CHAN Chor Ling Catherine (CSC)
  INET: clchan_at_nie.edu.sg