Re: Oracle Licensing - Concurrent users

From: Kwek Li Gek <klg_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:08:19 -0800

While we are on the topic of oracle licensing, can someone help to clear up some doubts on named user licensing that I have?

We have an existing 5-named user license for a small oracle 8i (8.1.5) database we have, but right now, it seems to be restricting the number of user sessions to 5 sessions even though the sessions are all using the same userid.

Is this how the named user license is supposed to work? I was under the impression that the named user license was for restricting the number of users which you can create for a database and not the number of sessions. Or am I missing out on some settings/parameters to be defined?

Regards,
Leo

Author: Kwek Li Gek
  INET: klg_at_pacific.net.sg