RE: Disable certain users from login to database while applying H

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:58:45 -0800

> 1. Database ON LOGON Trigger => don't know whether it will work

Have you tried this?

It absolutely will work, and would be easier to use and administer.

Jared

"CHAN Chor Ling Catherine (CSC)" <clchan_at_nie.edu.sg> Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
02/19/02 01:23 AM
Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Disable certain users from login to database while applying H

Hi Gurus,

Thanks for replying to my qn.

"Startup Database in Restricted mode" will not work (for more details, pls refer to the email below).

The following solutions :

1.  Database ON LOGON Trigger => don't know whether it will work
2.  Lock Database Account => I am going to use this solution.
3.  Change Database Account Password => I believe it will work

In our Oracle HR, we also support oracle client-server forms/reports, so I've to disable their accounts so that they do not access the HR database using sqlplus/forms/reports while I am applying patches.

Regds,
Catherine

                                 Author: CHAN Chor Ling Catherine (CSC)
                                   INET: clchan_at_nie.edu.sg

                                 Fat City Network Services    -- (858)
538-5051 FAX: (858)
538-5051
                                 San Diego, California        -- Public
Internet access /
Mailing Lists
                                 To REMOVE yourself from this mailing
list, send an E-Mail
message
                                 to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT
spelling of 'ListGuru')
and in
                                 the message BODY, include a line
containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L
                                 (or the name of mailing list you want to
be removed from).
You may
                                 also send the HELP command for other
information (like
subscribing).
                                   INET: hemantchitale_at_charteredsemi.com

Author: CHAN Chor Ling Catherine (CSC)
  INET: clchan_at_nie.edu.sg

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com