Re: RedHat Linux 7.2 & Oracle 9i Shutdown

From: Gene Sais <Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 07:58:28 -0800

Just an FYI, I was missing a link in the rc2.d directory for K00... script. In other flavors of unix, runlevel 2 was startup multiuser, didn't think it needed a kill link. Thanks to all for your help!

Gene

>>> oracle_at_sublogic.com 02/14/02 08:28AM >>> [Gene Sais]
> Thank you. Not sure if it will work, but I was missing an K00... entry in rc2.d. I just linked it, lets see what happens on next bounce.

FWIW, the "right" way to deal with these symlinks under RHL 7.2 is to have an /etc/init.d/whatever "wrapper" script that includes a comment section like this:

#!/bin/sh
#
# pulse This script handles the starting and stopping of the various
# clustering services in Red Hat Linux.
#
# chkconfig: - 60 10
# daemon as well as heartbeating and monitoring of services \
# on the real servers.
# processname: pulse
# pidfile: /var/run/pulse.pid
# config: /etc/lvs.cf

Then you can just use the chkconfig / ntsysv / etc. interface for turning things on and off in various runlevels. The 2 chkconfig numbers are the symlink numbers (controlling order of execution) for startup and shutdown respectively. Much much easier, at least IMHO, than doing symlinks by hand.

James

--
James Manning <jmm_at_sublogic.com>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4
Author: James Manning
  INET: oracle_at_sublogic.com

Author: Gene Sais
  INET: Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us