Re: Skewed Wait Times

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:23:36 -0800

And here's the answer from Jonathan:

The script was an extended version of the definition of gv$system_event from v$fixed_view_definition which included the MAX_WAIT value, which for some reason is usually missing from v$system_event even though it is present in v$session_event.

The text is as below - although it now needs some modification for getting maximum information for Oracle 9 which uses micro-second timing.

create or replace view v$max_system_event as
select

   d.kslednam   event,
   s.ksleswts   waits,
   s.kslestmo   timeouts,