RE: ERR: ORA-04031 unable to allocate

From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:01:16 -0800

Barbara,

What is the size of
shared_pool_size and
shared_pool_reserved_size..

If shared_pool_reserved_size not set then set it 10% of your shared_pool. In 8i default is 5% of shared_pool if not set. In 7.3.4 default was most possibly 0(zero)...

I hope this may help in resolving your shared pool problem...

As regard querry, it definately requires attention whether it is using indexes properly and indexes themselves are not much fragmented and might require rebuilding..I shall go to check indexes of all relevant tables and it is rebuilding before changing any init.ora parameters...

Regards
Rafiq

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 08:33:29 -0800

Barbara - Been there done that. I have stubbornly made the same statements. This is why some co-workers say DBAs are cantankerous. My best guess is that there is something about that query. Give up, increase SHARED_POOL_SIZE. Then your coworkers will start saying how easy you are to get along with. Dennis Williams
DBA (now the friendly DBA)
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Baker, Barbara
   INET: bbaker_at_denvernewspaperagency.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
   INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

MOHAMMAD RAFIQ

Author: Mohammad Rafiq