RE: RE: Rollback Segment Problem

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:22:17 -0800

How long does a database have to remain running in order for a rollback segment to go to the happy hunting grounds? Have you ever seen such an event? A simple instance restart will cure that disease. Anyway, the only thing that I can envision to cause this is to have an OLTP database with something
like 1000000 online users doing more then 4000 transactions a day and the instance is configured with a single rollback segment. In that case the DBA deserves to be executed by the ways of the weight watchers!

Author: K Gopalakrishnan
  INET: kaygopal_at_yahoo.com

Author: Gogala, Mladen
  INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com