Re: A doubt in 9.0.1.0.0 database..

From: Arul kumar <rakumar_at_mahindrabt.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 06:55:17 -0800

Hi Joe,
Thanks for the prompt reply in the forum. btw, When we use AUTO value for UNDO Management, it is supposed to be handled by oracle AUTOmatically.
I have read the docs. there is not much info reg. this...... My question is :
If Oracle is handling it, then why contention for UNDO HEADER in V$waitstat...inspite of being allocated enough space for the underlying tablespace ( UNDOTBS )....??
I will appreciate , if u can really help me..... TIA
regards,
Arul.

Joe Testa wrote:
its not a doubt and you're not using rollback, your using automatic undo
management.
read up on it in the admin guide,.
joe
Arul kumar wrote:
> Hi DBAs,
>
> I got a problem in Rollback Segments..
>
> This is the setting for UNDO ( Rollback ) in my init file...
>
> undo_management=AUTO
> undo_retention=900
> undo_suppress_errors=FALSE
> undo_tablespace=UNDOTBS
>
> While querying V$waitstat, got the foll. :
>
> CLASS

COUNT

TIME
> system undo header
0

0
> system undo block
0

0
> *undo header
312

64*
> undo block
1

32

--
Joe Testa, Oracle DBA
Nothing new to put here, hmmmmmm
Author: Joe Testa
  INET: teci_at_the-testas.net
Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051
FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        --
Public Internet access / Mailing Lists
may