RE: Rollback Segment Problem

From: Alex Hillman <ahillman_at_erols.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:04:16 -0800

One wouldn't have to deal with rollback issues on every day basis if s/he read manuals in advance and knew how to setup rollbacks right. If rollback tablespace is locally managed with uniform extent size - cannot be any fragmentation. If dictionary managed - tablespace pctincrease should be 0, minimumextent should be used (if version 8+), extent sizes for all rollbacks should be the same - equal tablespace default sizes etc. and one will never have any fragmentation problems

Regards, Alex Hillman

Author: Alex Hillman
  INET: ahillman_at_erols.com