RE: Message about character sets on EXPORT - should I worry?

From: Taylor, Shirley <TaylorSI_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:42:30 -0800

FYI, recently we upgraded our satabases from 7.3.4.5 to 8.1.7. I forgot to specify WE8ISO8859P1 when I created a new database so it was created as US7ASCII. I loaded that database with an import that had been done from a WE8ISO8859P1 database. Oracle had me trash that db and start over from the beginning. They said the data would be corrupted doing an import from a WE8etc. database into US7ASCII.

Author: Ruth Gramolini
  INET: rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us

Author: Taylor, Shirley
  INET: TaylorSI_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca