RE: Sql question

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <Thomas.Mercadante_at_Labor.State.Ny.Us>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 06:45:52 -0800

Arn,

I see now. You are right - the last 'and' clause should be =, not <>.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Van: Mercadante, Thomas F [mailto:Thomas.Mercadante_at_Labor.State.Ny.Us] Verzonden: dinsdag 12 februari 2002 14:28 Aan: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Onderwerp: RE: Sql question

Zsolt,

Try:

select a.something
,c.searchvalue

   from a,

        b,
  where a.a= b.a
        and b.b1= c.b1
        and b.b2= c.b2
        and c.searchvalue= 'first one' and
        and not exists(select 1 from c c1
                         where c1.b1 = c.b1
                         and   c1.b2 = c.b2
                         and   c1.searchvalue<> 'second one')
the above presumes that the columns b1 and b2 are part of the identifying
columns for the c table.

hope this helps.

Author: Csillag Zsolt
  INET: starsoft_at_interware.hu

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: Thomas.Mercadante_at_Labor.State.Ny.Us

Author: Daemen, Remco
  INET: Remco.Daemen_at_werklinq.nl

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: Thomas.Mercadante_at_Labor.State.Ny.Us

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

www.mimesweeper.com

Author: Arn Klammer
  INET: Arn.Klammer_at_austrac.gov.au

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: Thomas.Mercadante_at_Labor.State.Ny.Us
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Feb 13 2002 - 08:45:52 CST