RE: Oracle Lite 8i as snapshot site

From: Szecsy Tamas <tszecsy_at_GEOMETRIA.hu>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 08:57:57 -0800

My probem was, that Oracle Support still does not seem to be able to answer with a simple 'yes' or 'no', wether I can user Oracle Lite as a readonly snapshot site. The Oracle Lite documenation is only talking about EE as a must, but our cutomer has only SE licence. I would need only one way replication ( SE >> Lite ), that is a readonly replication.

Tamas Szecsy

Author: Szecsy Tamas <tszecsy_at_GEOMETRIA.hu>
Date:       2/11/2002 12:43 AM

Hi,

I would like to implement readonly replication on Oracle 8i Standard Edition with Oracle Lite 8i snapshot sites.

Is Oracle Lite different in any way form Oracle SE what read only replication concerns? Can I run the same scripts for Oracle 8i as if I would use Oracle 8i SE for the sanpshot site or do I have to modify them?

TIA, Tamas Szecsy

Author: Szecsy Tamas
  INET: tszecsy_at_GEOMETRIA.hu

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

Author: Szecsy Tamas
  INET: tszecsy_at_GEOMETRIA.hu
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Feb 12 2002 - 10:57:57 CST