lock problem

From: Ali TOYGAR <ali.toygar_at_emu.edu.tr>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 11:56:09 -0800

Hi ,
I have a problem.
        I wrote an

sql  : in TERMINAL A

<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
select col1,col2

        from tableX

<FONT face=Arial

size=2>

where col1 = ...
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>

for update

I wrot same sql , in other terminal TERMINAL B

<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
select col1,col2

        from tableX

<FONT face=Arial

size=2>

where col1 = ...
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>

for update

   Then , I immidiately power

off Terminal A. In other words connection is closed without rollback or commit.

But ,  terminal B waits.. !!!! what is
the problem ?
TABLE ROW LOCK is not
AUTOMATICALLY killed.

I used , KILL SESSION to kill session. But in my oppinion ORACLE must do it. Because connection is closed.

I want , oracle kill this type of lock. How can I set Oracle to kill this kind of LOCK problems ?
please help
me.. Received on Sun Feb 10 2002 - 13:56:09 CST