Re: DO YOU HAVE ANY DATABASE RUNNING ACTIVE 1000 SESSIONS ?

From: Paul Vallee <dbalist_at_pythian.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 11:55:32 -0800

Hi Bunyamin, list,

We have a system that supports many tens of thousands of simultaneous users. It has 1466 sessions connected as we speak, and generally has around 100 of those sessions marked status "ACTIVE" in v$session.

We do concentrate users to sessions in a web layer. We did at one time attempt MTS, however we found that we quickly went down as dispatchers failed to keep up with the load. Oracle did its best to help us tune it, and we tried half a dozen possible configurations, but eventually the attempts were causing too much downtime and we went back to dedicated session.

At peak time, our call rate is 250000 user calls per minute.

Hope this helps,
Paul
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr

  Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 11:08   AM
  Subject: DO YOU HAVE ANY DATABASE RUNNING   ACTIVE 1000 SESSIONS ?      My question is ....

  DO YOU HAVE ANY DATABASE RUNNING ACTIVE 1000 SESSIONS  ON NT ?   I WILL TRY Multi Threaded Server BUT STILL I HAVE DOUBTS ? DO YOU HAVE   LINKS TO ADVICE ME TO READ ABOUT THIS POINT ? ( HIGH CONNECTION/TRANSACTION   NUMBER PER SECOND)

  THANK YOU