RE: datafile compression

From: <tday6_at_csc.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 10:13:20 -0800

I've been using PKZip GUI for years and never have had a problem.

                    "Jack C.

                    Applewhite"          To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

                    <japplewhite         <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>

                    @inetprofit.c        cc:

                    om>                  Subject:     RE: datafile compression

                    Sent by: root

                    02/08/2002

                    11:03 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    ORACLE-L

Keith,

I've been using PKZip (version 4.00) under Win2k to zip and unzip Oracle export dump files for months without a hitch. In fact, I just now zipped and unzipped a 400MB 8i datafile with no errors.

Are you sure there wasn't some other factor that affected the test you did? Do you have the latest version of PKZip?

Command line PKZip would be my first choice.

Jack

Jack C. Applewhite
Database Administrator/Developer
OCP Oracle8 DBA