Re:RE: MC/Serviceguard vs Sun Clusters

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 17:30:02 -0800

Walter,

    Which contractor? The fool who disconnected the heartbeat cable or the fool who installed the ServiceGuard software in the first place? Actually someone should have seen the fallacy of the install the day before ServiceGuard went online. Seems that the HP representative after a 12 hour day of spinning drives to setup the backup server wanted to delete a directory off of the root filesystem where he had put some files that needed saving for the time being. Kind of like a backup directory. Well now that's a simple "rm -fr /backup" command, right??? He entered "root> rm -fr /". OOPPPPPPPS!!!

Author: "Kirsch; Walter J (Northrop Grumman)" <walter.kirsch-eds_at_eds.com>
Author: "Rama Malladi" <rama_at_toyota.com>
Date:       2/6/2002 5:23 PM

Hi...
 I am looking for inputs from anybody who has experience in both MC/Serviceguard (MC/S) as well as Sun cluster implementation. If a DBA/SA team has lots of experience in implementing MC/Serviceguard clusters on HP and trying to move to SunClusters for HA solution ...

  1. What are the common things between MC/S and and Sun clusters (ex: about 5 minute fail-over time, fixed IP address, 2 or more nodes in a cluster, disk sharing etc..)
  2. Any differences between these... What are the things to watch out for (assuming the team already knows in and out of MC/Serviceguard)

Thank you in advance...
Rama

Author: Rama Malladi
  INET: rama_at_toyota.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com

Author: Kirsch, Walter J (Northrop Grumman)   INET: walter.kirsch-eds_at_eds.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Feb 07 2002 - 19:30:02 CST