SP2-0103: Nothing in SQL buffer to run.

From: Krishan Gupta <k_s_gupta_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 08:32:35 -0800

Hi Oracle Gurus

This might be very silly problem for you gyus, but I am really geting headache. I suppose today my mind is not working in sync.

SQL> @c:\general\ksg\ProcDisp.sql

|==============================================================================|
|Proc Name                     Proc Type
                        |
|   Arguments Name                 Pos Data Type
               IN-OUT   |
|==============================================================================|
|ADDCHARGETYPE                 PROCEDURE
                        |

|   TVCCHARGETYPE                  1    VARCHAR2
                IN      |
|   TVCGLNUMBER                    2    VARCHAR2
                IN      |

I would appreciate If you help me getting rid of following messages :

SP2-0103: Nothing in SQL buffer to run.
SP2-0103: Nothing in SQL buffer to run.
SP2-0103: Nothing in SQL buffer to run.
SP2-0103: Nothing in SQL buffer to run.

I want comments to be /* */ like only
TIA
Krishan Swarup Gupta

Do You Yahoo!?
Send FREE Valentine eCards with Yahoo! Greetings! http://greetings.yahoo.com

/********************************************************************************/
/*Auther : Krishan S Gupta */
/*Date : 02-05-2002 */
/*Des : Procedure Descriptions */
/*Oracle Ver : Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.6.0.0 - Production */

/********************************************************************************/

set serveroutput on size 100000

spool c:\general\ksg\ProcDisp.txt

declare

print_line      Varchar2(100);
param_count     number:=0;
calls_count     number:=0;

called_count number:=0;

cursor obj_cur (powner in all_arguments.owner%type,

                pobject_name in all_arguments.object_name%type)
        is
        select distinct owner, object_name,
                package_name, argument_name,
                position, sequence, data_type, in_out
        from all_arguments
        where owner = powner
        and   object_name = pobject_name
        order by owner, object_name, position;

begin

dbms_output.put_line('|==============================================================================|');
     dbms_output.put_line('|Proc Name                     Proc Type
                   |');
     dbms_output.put_line('|   Arguments Name                 Pos Data Type
          IN-OUT   |');

dbms_output.put_line('|==============================================================================|');

     for r_cur_obj in (select distinct owner,name,type
                       from all_source
                       where owner = 'TC' and type in ('PROCEDURE','FUNCTION'))
     loop

             print_line := '|' || rpad(r_cur_obj.name,30,' ') ||
rpad(r_cur_obj.type,12,' ') || '                                    |';

             dbms_output.put_line(print_line);

             dbms_output.put_line('|
                           |');

             for r_cur_param in obj_cur(r_cur_obj.owner, r_cur_obj.name)
             loop

                       print_line := '|   ';

                       if (r_cur_obj.type = 'FUNCTION' and r_cur_param.POSITION = 0)
THEN
                       print_line := print_line || rpad('Return Type',35,' ')
       || ' ' ||
                                                   rpad(r_cur_param.DATA_TYPE,30,' ')
       || ' ' ||
                                                   rpad(r_cur_param.IN_OUT,8,' ')
       || '|' ;

                       else

                       print_line := print_line || rpad(r_cur_param.ARGUMENT_NAME,30,'
')     || ' ' ||

rpad(to_char(r_cur_param.POSITION),4,' ')  || ' ' ||
                                                   rpad(r_cur_param.DATA_TYPE,30,' ')
       || ' ' ||
                                                   rpad(r_cur_param.IN_OUT,8,' ')
       || '|' ;

                        end if;

                        dbms_output.put_line(print_line);

             end loop;

             dbms_output.put_line('|
                           |');

             /* procedure or functions it calls */

             calls_count := 0;

             for r_dep in (select * from all_dependencies
                           where owner = r_cur_obj.owner and name = r_cur_obj.name
                           AND   REFERENCED_OWNER = r_cur_obj.owner
                           AND REFERENCED_TYPE IN ('PROCEDURE','FUNCTION'))

              loop

                    calls_count := calls_count + 1;

                    if calls_count = 1 then
                            print_line := '|     Calls :--';
                    else
                            print_line := '|            --';
                    end if;

                    print_line := print_line || rpad(r_dep.referenced_name,30,' ') ||
rpad(r_dep.referenced_type,10,' ');
                    dbms_output.put_line(print_line || '                        |');

              end loop;

              dbms_output.put_line('|
                            |');

              called_count:=0;

              for r_called in (select * from all_dependencies
                           where owner = r_cur_obj.owner
                           and   referenced_owner = r_cur_obj.owner
                           and   referenced_name  = r_cur_obj.name
                           and   type in ('PROCEDURE','FUNCTION'))

              loop

                    called_count := called_count + 1;

                    if called_count = 1 then
                            print_line := '| Called by :--';
                    else
                            print_line := '|            --';
                    end if;

                    print_line := print_line || rpad(r_called.name,30,' ') ||
rpad(r_called.type,10,' ');
                    dbms_output.put_line(print_line || '                        |');

              end loop;

              dbms_output.put_line('|
                            |');

     end loop;

end;
/

spool off

clear buffer Received on Thu Feb 07 2002 - 10:32:35 CST