Re: OPS DBA work (was dumb question)

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 14:52:47 -0800

Og det er ikke engang løgn.

Bjørn Engsig wrote:

   With the caveat, that I am a consultant and not actually a DBA, I would argue very strongly, that the OPS DBA needs quite some extra understanding, knowledge and experience compared to one managing a single instance Oracle.  In particular:

  - And I probably forgot something, so it is far more than knowing the GC_ parameters, which, BTW, by itself isn't that simple!

 Thanks, Bjørn.

 Shreeni wrote:

    <!---style-name:"Table Normal";

	mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
	mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
	mso-style-noshow:yes;
	mso-style-parent:"";
	mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
	mso-para-margin:0in;
	mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}

 Hi John,

 Thx for the input. I really appreciate it. I was just kind of stumped when I was asked not once but several times and places, to point out the diff between an OPS DBA and a "regular" DBA that I am.

 Thanks again

 Shreeni

 Shreenivasa Rao

    e-Z