RE: UPgrade or Reinstall ?

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 12:30:05 -0800

Lisa - I agree with Tom (always a good move). The way I would put the question is: "do you have a large production database that you think you will have to upgrade at some point if the future?" If the answer is "yes", then I think you should practice the upgrade now. If the answer is "no", then forget it, just do another install. The upgrade will involve learning things you don't want to know.

        Now my pet peeve is that the Oracle Installer will try to upgrade your database for you, assuming that you are a dumb user that needs to be taken care of.
Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: YTTRI Lisa
  INET: lisa.yttri_at_cnh.com

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: Thomas.Mercadante_at_Labor.State.Ny.Us

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Feb 06 2002 - 14:30:05 CST