Re:Data Retrieval Tool

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 10:34:04 -0800

Simpeler solution, port the tables to Oracle and let the users continue to use Access to access and update the data. It wokrs as linked tables in Access with ODBC. Dick Goulet

Author: dmeng_at_focal.com
Date:       2/6/2002 9:13 AM

Good day all,
I have been asked the following question a couple of time by our database users -
They have a bunch of small Access databases that they want to port into Oracle. Since most of these databases have just a few tables in them I figure I can use sql loader to load the access tables into Oracle. But the tough part is, how do we have the users access the data once it is in Oracle? Since these are pretty static databases and we don't have the resources in house to develop front end tools to retrieve the data, I am wondering if there is a slick, user friendly tool out there can help us with this. Toad partially satisfies this need but I think it is an overkill for data access only. Also, it would be nice to have a web browser interface and some data insert and update capabilities without using sql. Alright I know now I am really push it...

TIA Dennis Meng
Database Administrator
Focal Communications Corp

  INET: dmeng_at_focal.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Feb 06 2002 - 12:34:04 CST