Select DISTINCT question

From: Seefelt, Beth <Beth.Seefelt_at_TetleyUSA.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 07:05:44 -0800

Hi everyone,

Is one of these more correct than the other ?

1)      select distinct customer_number, address_code from orders;

2)      select customer_number, address_code

           from orders

           group by customer_number,address_code;

Our developers do the 1st one mostly.  It always bothers me, I'm not sure why, I guess I just think of it as looking ambiguous even though it does return the same result as the second option.

Any opinions?  Does it matter at all?

TIA, Beth Received on Wed Feb 06 2002 - 09:05:44 CST