RE: TABLESPACE PCTINCREASE?

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 15:17:05 -0800

I suppose that the current fashion is to set it at zero, and adopt a "uniform extent size" policy. What kind of objects will be contained in that tablespace? Tables? Indexes? Rollback segments? Temporary segments?

I would urge you first to read this old but classic paper: HOW TO STOP DEFRAGMENTING AND START LIVING: THE DEFINITIVE WORD ON FRAGMENTATION Bhaskar Himatsingka, Oracle Corporation
Juan Loaiza, Oracle Corporation
A PDF version of the document can be found here: http://technet.oracle.com/deploy/availability/pdf/defrag.pdf Received on Tue Feb 05 2002 - 17:17:05 CST