Re: Compaq Oracle on Tru64 UNIX course

From: orantdba <orantdba_at_netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 13:06:11 -0800

HI All,

I found course 616 being offerred as shown below:

Compaq/Oracle8i for Tru64 UNIX
Course Number: 616

Course Description:
Compaq and Oracle are pleased to announce a joint training

         initiative and the availability of a special Compaq/Oracle8i Integration
         and Performance course offering. This new offering is a 5-day consecutive
         program that is made up of two individual classes presented in the
following          order:
 Oracle Internet Database Operator for Windows NT - Normally
presented          by Oracle as a four-day stand-alone course Compaq/Oracle8i
Integration          and Performance with Tru64 UNIX - Normally presented
by Compaq as a three-day          stand-alone course
 This course provides in-depth technical information about integration,
       tuning, and optimization of Oracle8i on Compaq platforms. Demonstrations,
         labs, and discussion sessions are focused on how to create an optimized
         installation and how to select a balance between performance, cost,
and          fault tolerance. Real world issues such as planning, sizing,
performance monitoring and tuning will be addressed.

It is being offered in
Framing ham, MA April 8-12
                              June 3-7
Lakewood, CO      April 22-26

Los Angelos, CA    April 15 - 19

Hope this helps,
John

BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca wrote:

  Thanks, but there is nothing specifically for Oracle on Tru64 UNIX.Compaq used to offer four courses, they have no dates now.Oracle used to offer courses (if I remember correctly) through their Mastersprogram (the old version), but no longer OS-specific.I think Compaq is floundering...Regards,Patrice BoivinSystems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmesTechnology Services | Services technologiquesInformatics Branch | Direction de l'informatique Maritimes Region, DFO | Région des Maritimes, MPOE-Mail: boivinp_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca -----Original Message-----Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 2:41 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject: RE: Compaq Oracle on Tru64 UNIX courseTry <a clas!   s!
="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.globalknowledge.com/canada">http://www.globalknowledge.com/canada they have courses for Oracle andTru64, not sureif they have "a" course for Oracle on Tru64.I attended a Tru64 course in Toronto, it was really good.Darren-----Original Message-----Sent: February 5, 2002 9:26 AMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LFYI,I just tried to ask Compaq if course 620 is still offered(http://www5.compaq.com/training/620.html), and the message I got on theirvoice mail was:"Due to technical difficulties your call cannot be completed. Please tryagain."Then, a dial tone.Their Web site does not list any class times for this course, that I couldfind.I am going to try again, but if anyone has info on where Oracle on Tru64courses are offered, please le t me know. Regards,Patrice BoivinSystems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmesTechnology Services | Services technologiquesInformatics Branch | Direction de l'informatique Maritimes Region, DFO | Région des Maritimes, MPOE-Mail: boivinp_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca             Received on Tue Feb 05 2002 - 15:06:11 CST