RE: export/import on the same server

From: Farnsworth, Dave <DFarnsworth_at_Ashleyfurniture.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 11:14:17 -0800

Thanks to everyone for their help. Since these are the same schema I see no reason why to do a full import. Anyway, I am in learning mode and need to learn about possible parameters to use. I am going to do an owner import from my full export file since I only need a few of the owners schema's. I'll first creat my PARFILE like

FILE=C:\my_export_file.dmp
FROMUSER=(dorkboy,geekgirl,sheep_lover,monkey_spanker) GRANTS=Y
INDEXES=Y Then do a

SET ORACLE_SID=my_test_db

then

IMP my_login/my_dirty_pwd parfile=my_parfile.dat

My login to test is different from my live database login so I should be covered there. Does this look like it will work so that it will not try to write to the datafiles of my live database? Remember, the file I am importing into my test database is an export from my live database which both reside on the same server but have their data on different drives.

Thanks much everyone,

Dave

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: wisernet100_at_yahoo.com

Author: Farnsworth, Dave
  INET: DFarnsworth_at_Ashleyfurniture.com