RE: NT Monitoring Scripts

From: Smith, Ron L. <rlsmith_at_kmg.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 09:35:04 -0800

Here is what we use:

Ron Smith

@ECHO ON
REM

REM * This script will scan the Oracle alert log and look for various error
*

REM * messages. The messages are then sent to the Oracle NT DBA's.
*

REm * The email is sent using the BLAT utility so the utility must already
*

REM * exist on the server and be located in the path.
*

REM *
*

REM * Two parameters are required:
*

REM *
*

REM * ALERTLOG - The fully qualified name of the Oracle Alertlog.
*

REM * Example: c:\orant\rdbms73\trace\xrt1alrt.log
*

REM *
*

REM * SID - A descriptive name of the sid or sid / server combination. This
*

REM * parameter is used to create temporary files and as the subject
*

REM * in the email message.
*

REM * Example: XRT1_Corp24
*

setlocal
set ALERTLOG=%1
set SID=%2

REM

REM * Check for existance of files REM

if exist c:\%SID%tempx.log del c:\%SID%tempx.log

if exist %ALERTLOG% (copy %ALERTLOG% c:\%SID%alrt.log

        goto :FINDSTRING)

ECHO * No "%ALERTLOG%" was found * >> c:\%SID%tempx.log ECHO * >> %ALERTLOG%_listing.txt
goto :SENDMSG

REM

REM * Look for error messages
REM

:FINDSTRING
findstr /B "ORA-" C:\%SID%alrt.log >> c:\%SID%tempx.log
findstr /B "OSD-" C:\%SID%alrt.log >> c:\%SID%tempx.log
findstr /B "O/S-" C:\%SID%alrt.log >> c:\%SID%tempx.log
findstr /B "TNS-" C:\%SID%alrt.log >> c:\%SID%tempx.log

REM

REM * Send message
REM

:SENDMSG
blat.exe c:\%SID%tempx.log -t rlsmith_at_kmg.com -s "%SID% Alert Log Scan" pause
endlocal
exit
quit

Author: Smith, Ron L.