RE: Re[2]: NOHUP SQLPLUS

From: Steve McClure <smcclure_at_usscript.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 17:01:02 -0800

I use screen Jared. It is one of the first utilities I load on a UNIX host. So I guess I consider it pretty indespensible as well.

Then again, I am a Jared Still wannabe, or disciple or somesuch. You are still a Perl evangelist aren't you?

Oh as far as screen goes. One of the most usefull features is the ability to connect to an 'always on' application from anywhere. I can start the application at work on Sunday. Attach to its screen session on Tuesday to tweak a parameter, and then telnet in from home and pop the exact same session up to do "on call" work. Much better than nohup for this kind of thing.

  Also essential if you are dialing in from home under any circumstance. If your connection drops you just telnet back in, and reattach to your screen session exactly where you were when you dropped.

Steve McClure

Author: Steve McClure
  INET: smcclure_at_usscript.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Feb 04 2002 - 19:01:02 CST