RE: Selective object export

From: Ron Thomas <rthomas_at_hypercom.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 11:14:23 -0800

I was trying not to have to cull the export file. The schema in question is APPS which has 65000
objects, of which I'm only interested in a hundred of them. Regardless, I'll look at the tool as it
may come in hany for other work.

Thanks,
Ron Thomas
Hypercom, Inc
rthomas_at_hypercom.com
"Hit any PHB to continue..."

                    mark_at_cool-too

                    ls.co.uk             To:     ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

                    Sent by:             cc:

                    root_at_fatcity.        Subject:     RE: Selective object export

                    com

                    02/04/02

                    11:07 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    ORACLE-L

Ron,

Check out the DataBee DBATool. This reads an export file (created with the ROWS=N option) and allows you to manipulate the DDL of the objects within it, then output this DDL to either SQL scripts to recreate the schema, or HTML to document the schema. The tool is free with the unsupported version. You can get a copy at:

http://www.cool-tools.co.uk/Products/Downloads/dbatool020001.exe

The documentation for this tool is currently at:

http://www.databee.com/dbatool.htm

But will be up on the Cool-Tools site this week, as it goes in to a full production release.

If you do download this, and have any questions, contact me directly and I will see if I can help you out with it.

FWIW *this* is by far the easiest way to do this, as all have you have to do is point and click (Not to mention the safest)..

HTH Mark

 Mark Leith             | T: +44 (0)1905 330 281
 Sales & Marketing      | F: +44 (0)870 127 5283
 Cool Tools UK Ltd      | E: mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk
           http://www.cool-tools.co.uk
       Maximising throughput & performance

Author: Ron Thomas
  INET: rthomas_at_hypercom.com

Author: Mark Leith
  INET: mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk

Author: Ron Thomas
  INET: rthomas_at_hypercom.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Feb 04 2002 - 13:14:23 CST