RE: How to find out what caused job to fail?

From: Hallas John <John.Hallas_at_btcellnet.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 02:51:46 -0800

How
bizarre.
Roland
asked a question about where does he find alert log & trace files

<SPAN

class=217273610-04022002>
<SPAN

class=217273610-04022002>(answer  = select name,value from v$parameter where name like '%dest%') or check your init.ora file
<FONT

face=r_ansi size=2>
<FONT

size=2>at least 10 minutes before this message came to me. I have noticed before that I can post a message that I see on the list in about 20 minutes , at other times it can be well over an hour.
<FONT

size=2>
<FONT

size=2>It can be quite frustrating because you see a message and post a reply and then see 5 other responses at least 30 minutes before your's appears<SPAN
class=217273610-04022002>
<FONT

size=2>John

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: yen-wee.tan_at_amd.com   [mailto:yen-wee.tan_at_amd.com]Sent: 04 February 2002   09:05To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:   RE: How to find out what caused job to fail?   Hi,
  you can find the reason in alert log or trace files.

    <FONT face=Tahoma
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Daiminger, Helmut     [mailto:Helmut.Daiminger_at_KirchGruppe.de]Sent: Monday, February     04, 2002 4:40 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list     ORACLE-LSubject: How to find out what caused job to     fail?
    Hi!
    Is there a way to find out, why a database job     failed? in dba_jobs (or user_jobs), I can only see that it failed, but no     indication of the reason why it failed. Any ideas?     This is 8.1.7 on Solaris.
    Thanks, <FONT face=Arial
    size=2>Helmut

This electronic message contains information from the mmO2 plc Group which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.