Re: Oracle Tunning (DRPP)

From: Joe Testa <teci_at_the-testas.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 04:42:23 -0800

Tuning will never totally go away since some duveleopers will still code like this(as well as them dumb gui tools):

select a.deptid, b.last_name
from dept a, emp b
where a.dept_id = '22;

Oh look a cartesian join, how lovely.

Duhveloper: DBA why does my query take so long? DBA: let's talk about tuning.

joe

--
Joe Testa, Oracle DBA
Want to have a good time with a bunch of geeks? Check out:

Author: Joe Testa
  INET: teci_at_the-testas.net