RE: ODBC OUI install - where's my driver??

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 10:09:05 -0800

Barb,

> However, it doesn't show up when I bring up the odbc data source
> administrator. When I click the "drivers" tab, there's no
> such driver.

Did you restart the PC after installation? It may be as simple as not having the new 8i Home/bin in the PATH. If this doesn't work, I would suggest de-installing the 8.0 version, or better still completely remove Oracle from the PC (including registry) and re-installing it.

As you may be aware by now, if it don't work in MicroSlop, reboot and try. If it still don't work, remove and re-install!!

Not much, but HTH!
John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DBSoft Inc
(W): 408-970-7002

Fear is the darkroom where Evil develops your negatives. Wanna break free of fear? Click on 'http://www.needhim.org'

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Feb 01 2002 - 12:09:05 CST