Re: Questions on DB Design

From: Bjørn Engsig <bengsig_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 08:46:20 -0800

You clearly also need to ask these persons about application design.  Together with the database design, poor application design is the source of countless performance problems. The good application developer is fully aware of how Oracle handles SQL statemens, how he should and should not write the code, which features are available from the interface chosen (be it Java, C, forms, whatever), and how this interacts with the database kernel.

Thanks, Bjørn.

Author: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F8rn?= Engsig
  INET: bengsig_at_yahoo.com