Converting 32bit to 64bit /Oracle 8172

From: <peter.lomax_at_ftms.fr>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 00:58:48 -0800

Hello Gerado,
At our site our machine was a new fresh install. We installed Solaris 2.8 64bit and Oracle 8172 64bit We have then received from our supplier a compressed database on tape. This database came from a tar of a cold copy of their system validation department.
They have Solaris 2.8 64bit and Oracle 8172 32bit installed on their machine.

So directories are not an issue.

So when I de-tar their 32 bit db it needs utlirp run on it. OK After having run that I had 51 invalid packages. Migation steps:
startup restrict
@utlirp
catalog,
catproc
shutdown immediate
startup
=>Packages invalid

I have read up on metalink and their was an issue with Java packages. I was wondering whether anyone had this problem/symptons previously Regards
Peter
Author: Molina, Gerardo
  INET: Gerardo.Molina_at_schwab.com

  INET: peter.lomax_at_ftms.fr