RE: Teamwork teamwork rah rah rah!

From: Bellows, Bambi <BBellows_at_usg.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:07:38 -0800

TUNE?? -----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 6:30 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Bambi,
Thanks for the heads up. How was the response time on the apps if it relied on an outside location for some of it's work? Most be a nightmare to tune that sucker.
ROR mô¿ôm

>>> BBellows_at_usg.com 01/30/02 05:10PM >>>
So our internal consultants from a-certain-company-we-all-know-and-love call
me because one of their pages in Vision is not coming up. Of course, Metalink was down, so I couldn't look into it. I posted a question here to
see if anyone ever had a similar problem. No response, so I'm assuming "no"
(or that I'm being redirected to people's trashbin due to all my discussions
of life in the good old days). Anyway, Metalink comes up, and, would you
believe it?, go tell it on the mountain!, their app mysteriously comes up,
at the same time. Coincidence? Hmm. So, while these %@$& are sniffing
around inside *Received: from CONNECT-MTA by galottermy* beautiful, immaculate database for problems, I call said-same-company-we-all-know-and-love on the phone. (I love this "we're
all on the same team" bullsh*t.) Seems that the Vision instance has loads
of links to internal Oracle sites, and when Oracle went down, well....

Anyway, BE AWARE, if you're running Vision, about 20% of your app, by default, is served outside your own environment, meaning that approximately
20% of the problems you will have will be outside your control. Oh, and
that teamwork thing works real well when you're helping "other people", or
when things are rosy... they don't seem to work so good when they're having
problems and looking for a way to deflect blame. Surprise, surprise, surprise.

Bambi.

Author: Bellows, Bambi
  INET: BBellows_at_usg.com

Author: Ron Rogers