[Fwd: Oracle Tunning]

From: Bjørn Engsig <bengsig_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 08:36:58 -0800

--- Begin Message ---

You may wont to reconsider using Richard Niemiec's book.  It's unfortunately NOT one of the best books on Oracle tuning, you can get.  It's actually pretty full of factual errors and poor advices.  There is a quite negative review on amazon, that you should read.

I too, would recommend Gaja Vaidyanatha's Tuning 101.  As an other alternative, which is less about the actual tuning process and much more about what you should do to prevent the need for tuning is James Morle's Scaling Oracle8i: Building Highly Scalable OLTP System Architectures.

Rgds, Bjørn.

Ron Rogers wrote:

  "Oracle performance tuning tips and techniques" by Richard Niemiec has alot of good examples and explainations to learn by. Currently themajority of the books were written for 7.+ to 8i and will be marked downsoon as the new 9i books become available.I do not have the "Tuning 101" that Bill mentioned but the list hasposted a lot of great reviews about it. My local book store says theyorder it but it gets bought as soon as it gets in. I guess that I willhave to order it rather than look when I have a few bucks in my pocket.ROR mª¿ªm

        bthater2_at_netscape.net 01/29/02 01:35PM >>>

        BINAY.KUMAR_at_ponl.com wrote:

          Hi Everyone   Can anyone suggest me some very good book on Oracle Tunning.

          Please only

            mention those books  which you think is really worth purchasing

            tunning 101!!!!  it's the only one you'll need because it not onlReceived: from CONNECT-MTA by galottery explains what to look at, but gives you a method to use.  [read chapter2 at least twice, trust me.]

--- End Message ---