RE: Performance Tuning

From: Rachel Carmichael <wisernet100_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 06:42:38 -0800

I agree we need to look at both. Depends on the shop you work in if you can though. Where I've been the SAs hold tuning of the OS close, and I can work WITH them but can't effect changes on my own. so I concentrate on the database.

Besides, I've always found it much more effective if I go to the SA with a list of all the steps I've taken to ensure that the problem is not with the database. That and I *never* say "your stuff is broken" but rather "I have a problem, this is what I've done to find it, can you help me"

seems to work much better that way.

Do You Yahoo!?
Great stuff seeking new owners in Yahoo! Auctions! http://auctions.yahoo.com
Author: Rachel Carmichael