reverse index for PK

From: Marin Dimitrov <marin.dimitrov_at_sirma.bg>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 04:34:08 -0800

hi,

how do I specify that the index created for the primary key of the table is reverse key index?

the manuals say "You cannot rebuild a normal index as a reverse key index" although I successfully executed "alter index SYS_C004026 rebuild reverse;" and if I later use the "Create Like..." option of DBA Studio, the SQL for the new index looks like "CREATE UNIQUE INDEX....LOGGING REVERSE"

I also tried playing with the PRIMARY KEY USING INDEX clause of CREATE TABLE with no success

any hints?

thanx,

    Marin

"...what you brought from your past, is of no use in your present. When you must choose a new path, do not bring old experiences with you. Those who strike out afresh, but who attempt to retain a little of the old life, end up torn apart by their own memories. "

Author: Marin Dimitrov
  INET: marin.dimitrov_at_sirma.bg

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 31 2002 - 06:34:08 CST